Banksy is a graffiti artist who you may or may not have heard of despite his headline grabbing work in New York City recently. Like me, you may have heard the name but without much context or further information. I first heard of the artist while reading a funny article on Buzzfeed about an adorable dog who was caught peeing on a small street side work. Soon after a friend living in New York snapped a picture of the Sirens of the Lambs truck driving bye. The name caught my eye again and I filed the information in the back of my head for later research. Not surprisingly just as quickly as I saw the image I forgot it. That was until Yahoo ran an article about an op-ed piece he had written that was rejected by the New York Times. That’s when I decided to find out what this Banksy chatter was all about. After some simple Googling, I found out that he is a British artist currently taking up residency in the Big Apple although his work can be found in several world cities. Although mainly know for street art, he is also a director, political activist and painter.
I must admit my first impression was of the Banky was quite negative. The Yahoo article discussed his failed op-ed piece about the new tower being built on the 9/11 site. He bashed the tower because he felt it was a boring architectural compromise. The whole story reeked of a cry for publicity and attention. I got the feeling that he was more stunt man than artist and I was ready to roll my eyes. However, after looking through the images of his signature stencil work I realized I was completely wrong. There was a delicate subversive humor and wit to his pieces that I didn’t expect. Rather than cover a random wall with generic tags, his work was clever and often is influenced by the surrounding. For example, a stone arch is transformed into a bridge for two Japanese geisha girls. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed what I saw. Rarely has my opinion taken such a turn. I look forward to seeing more of his past and future works and hopefully I’ve peeked your interest enough to give him a look as well.
All images are from New York City and can be found on http://www.banksy.co.uk/
1. Kim K and Kanye are engaged. How does the man who hates fame and publicity marry the biggest media leach in history? Regardless, I can’t wait for Kanye’s line to come out at Sears.
2. Bitstrips are the newest craze to take over Facebook. FYI they’re not cute or funny and just generally awful. AWFUL! You should be embarrassed every time you post one.
3. Instead, I’d prefer to see Unimpressed Dog become the next big meme. Here is the blank picture. Meme away.
4. Pope Francis, the 266th head of the Catholic church is making waves with his approachable and casual nature. It seems the church finally has a leader who wants to focus on inclusion and love rather than sin and judgement. He hasn’t completely overhauled the rules but is instead chosen the path of kindness.
5. While we’re on the subject of Popes… I’d love to know the true story behind Pope Benedict’s decision to step down. There’s got to be some serious drama and secrecy there. I’m talking Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes divorce level drama and secrecy.
6. If you didn’t think miracles were possible… this is Victoria Beckham before she was famous. Seriously.
7. I’ve noticed people jumping on the “I’m skipping TBRU this year” bandwagon purely because they think that’s what everyone else is doing. I’ve got a better idea, instead of TBRU, why don’t we all jump off a bridge instead!
8. When you go to a concert, do you spend more time watching the actual show or watching the show through your phone as you take video? We’re all guilty of it. Here’s a tip to being a good audience member: Put your phone away and enjoy in the moment. Sometimes a memory is better than a recorded image.
#Petty #Clear #Rant #Trendsetter #Glasses #Feelingcunty
This cute and harmless video has caused me a lot of frustration. It was taken one morning as I was getting back into bed after going to move me car. The video isn’t really sexual at all except for the fact that I’m momentarily naked. That quick shot of my twig and plums makes the video un-postable to any sharing app like Instagram, Streamzoo, and Tumblr. Yes you read that correctly I said Tumblr. The site that features cum facials, fucking, rimming and piss drinking felt my little video was unacceptable. I tried posting it twice and it was quickly removed for violating the sites content restrictions. Seriously? Seriously!
I stopped trying to post it because I’ve already been kicked off Instagram and Streamzoo once so I don’t want to push my luck. Apple’s far reaching no nudity policy is starting to be enforced more then ever. YouTube.com will let you post privately but that’s not fool proof either. Recently a friend of mine had all if his (private) hot cocksucking videos removed after lasting over a year. Tumblr I can’t figure out. Someone told me that Tumblr doesn’t like any videos posted directly to it’s site because of bandwidth limits. Instead videos have to be posted elsewhere and then shared on Tumblr. But where? I guess we’re only left to the clunky old faithful Xtube. If they were smart they’d improve their moble site and reclaim their dominance of the amateur spank bank industry.
What is a horny exhibitionist left to do? I’ve heard Flickr is also a possibility but I’ve never tried it so not sure if they allow videos. Any and all suggestions welcome. 🙂
Meet Elaine Benes.
She’s the perfect spunky New York gal pal.
She knows all your secrets…
and will be there in your time of need… with a snack.
Hipsters? Elaine will have none of that.
And she’s dealt with internet bullying for years.
Did I mention she loves cake just as much as you do?
and she won’t nag you about not going to the gym.
Elaine is women with priorities.
Just don’t piss her off or she’ll ruin your life!
Be careful because Elaine is easily excited.
She literally has moves like Jager
and deep down she’s as cynical and bitchy as you are.
I’m much more turned on by pictures/thoughts/memories of people I actually know rather then generic porn. (not to say generic porn doesn’t work…) This guy is a good example, I used to have a big crush on him back in the day and he’s still super sexy. Now he’s living happily with his partner in New York and we’re still friends via FB and IG.
*Picture approved for use