I detest Tyler Perry. He’s extremely successful yet he has not come out of the closet. Ok, if you want to stay in the closet that’s your business. I may not totally respect a closeted celebrity, but I understand it. What pissed me off about Mr. Perry was when he went on the Oprah Winfrey Show to talk about his childhood molestation. Any type of abuse is awful and I don’t mean to diminish that in any way. I have a problem with him because the theme of the show was about honesty and he was finally going to talk about the abuse so that other men would not feel ashamed. Oprah filled the audience with other abused men who held up pictures of themselves at the age when they were first molested. Very moving. But it also sends a different message. He is unconsciously telling the public that he is more ashamed and scared of his homosexuality then he is of being sexually molested as a young boy. When you sit down for the big Oprah honesty interview how is that not one of the topics?!? “So Tyler, tell us about your long time partner Nathan.”
If you haven’t clicked on www.Zappos.com you must check them out. They have an amazingly HUGE selection of shoes. I picked out some of my favorites that would be perfect for any fall festivity. I mean, futuristic white boots… could you die! (To be honest they’re a little too over the top even for me) Don’t worry if you buy the wrong size, their return process is a breeze. They have everything from designer labels to basic lifestyle at every price. But if you’re looking for something a little stylish and different, give Zappos a try.
October is well underway and the temp is falling. Don’t let that get you down though. There’s plenty to be excited about and the Gay Gasp is here to highlight Fall’s must haves:
2. Project Runway All Stars- Heidi and friends are following in the foot steps of Tyra and having an all star season. As always (just like ANTM) there are the faces you instanly remember and the ones that make you think… “Who the hell is that?” Either way I’m pumped! Tune in November 3rd.
visit www.lifetimetv.com for more info
3. Anonymous- (Out 10/28) Another take on the story of William Shakespeare. This films believes the conspiracy theory that all of Shakespeares famous works were writen by someone else.
4. J. Edgar- (Out 11/9) You can tell from the preview when a movie is trying to win an Oscar. This movie about J. Edgar Hoover is one of those movies. It’s a story that is full of legend and gossip. I know Leo and friends won’t disappoint.
5. Red State (10/18 on DVD)- A Kevin Smith directed horror movie about a religious zelot who captures sexually active teenagers.
6. Bad Teacher (10/18 on DVD) Honestly, I thought it was funnier then Bridesmaids.
10. Cold Weather- Warm temps are great, but it doesn’t leave you much options for clothing. Boots, coats, jeans, pants, hoodies, cardigans, vest, sweaters, and SCARVES! Oh my!